please do not despise me!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

In John's gospel, Jesus asked Peter three times, "Do you love me?". Notice the 1st time when Peter answered, "Yes Lord. You know that I love you," Jesus' reply was, "Feed My lambs."

Lambs are the young sheep.

Jesus placed high priority on the lambs. He did not think they were unimportant. To Jesus, feeding the lambs was just as important as feeding the sheep.

well...

On Family day, I was helping out with the water balloons, filling them up with water and tying them tight. Then Joshua (the shelter kid...the cute one. hehe) came along. He wanted to help out. So without permission, he took a balloon and filled it up at the tap. Just a few seconds later, the balloon burst!!

he screamed
i screamed

I was already rushing for the next game and there he was playing with the balloons. I shouted at him.....I couldn't believe i shouted at him! I actually shouted at him! I didn't know why i did that but i was really mean..I think he got scared of me and tried to fill the balloons carefully so it won't burst. Then asked me gently to tie for him..

Oh my goodness....................at that moment he asked me to tie, my heart melted and i regretted, TOTALLY, for shouting at him. I guessed my conscience was pricked. God was teaching me to love them despite their "clumsiness" (in this case).

I did not analyse the passage(above) well enough to catch that point. but now i understood why Jesus said that.
Since He did not underestimate children, so we shouldn't as well..do not think that they're too young for many things; do not think they're immature. Let them be involved in the things that you do..in anything, make them a part of it and not push them away.

They'll be very delighted to be part of your team... :D

0 comments: