Seashells on the seashore

Tuesday, June 17, 2008


Redang sounds like rendang and mummy kept pronouncing it as reNdang...hehe.

Anyway, i loooooovvvvvvveeeee oceans! they're to me the best evidence, the best image of God's creation. It's just marvellous to step on soft sand and view the ocean....what more to take your first step into the cooling water?

There were plenty of seashells and so i collected some of them...i found that every shell is different from the other, even if it's of the same kind. There were different colours, sizes, shapes and designs. Unique is the word :)

Actually humans are not any different from shells. Did u notice that? We are as unique as these shells, that God created each of us with different features, skin colour, background, talents, giftings etc. Even the most detailed part of us, our thumb prints, are different.

Each of us are different and there is no point in wanting to be another person. I am in this category, not so much of the physical aspect, but more so of who i am, my character, my abilities. (if u get what i mean). It's more of the inside. It's always a challenge to me when other people are better than me in some way. I tend to feel very lousy and sometimes even tried to be like them, all because i compared.

But of course, there's no way that i can be like them unless i'm them.

I was asking God why didn't i have the gift of leadership (to be exact). I know i do because i lead people to God. But i just want something more...i want to be able to lead without being so self conscious (which i am). I meant leadership not only in yf, but also in school. Truthfully, I wasn't a prefect and a monitress in my schooling days. Even if i was, I was not an effective one.

When i saw these seashells, i was reminded that God created me for a purpose, a unique purpose, to do His work in a different way from others. God's kingdom is so huge! There'll surely be a spot where i can fit in, where u can fit in.....it's just a matter of time i guess.

so do not compare.....it is a redundantly painful process. Just accept the way God created u...and one day u'll be amazed at how He can use u.

One last thing! We met a very adorable girl called nicole during our trip.........she's literally a doll!!!! and i realised she loves me alot ......hehe! :D


isn't she CUTEEEE?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, Wei Ling! :)

Khoo Wei Ling said...

hello! thx ryan :) how're u?

Wei Shin said...

You really like children don't u, haha! I guess the little redang princess made your trip more memorable. good post! it really spoke to me about our unique identity in God's family. :)

Khoo Wei Ling said...

hi weishin! haha..yea, she made my trip (made my day)!!! I miss her la...she's so adorable!

Andrinna said...

hey Wei Ling.. good post, nice post.. i like this post=D. hehehe...

Khoo Wei Ling said...

Andrinana! thx! hehe...what's with the long neck? ur best fren is it?

Andrinna said...

what long neck???

Khoo Wei Ling said...

there....the black white thing! ur long neck fren.. ;P